Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Vomit Artist: Probably The Worst Idea I've Ever Seen

So Millie Brown is known as the vomit artist. She drinks colored milk and then jams two fingers down her throat, to regurgitate the colored milk on a canvas. Brown's work is called "Nexus Vomitus," About her art, Brown says: "I drink colored milk — the process is not painful but after several hours of vomiting it can take its toll, which is why I limit the number of colors I use. … The use of canvas is a natural progression from my early performances. I started puking down myself in various outfits, but wanted more longevity from the end result."
Does nobody get that, by shoving two fingers down her throat and calling it art, she is encouraging people to be bulimic. Basically she is saying "Here Kids! Jam two fingers down your throat and you can create art and be skinny all at the same time!"

Bulimia nervosa is an eating disorder characterized by binge eating and purging, or consuming a large amount of food in a short amount of time followed by an attempt to rid oneself of the food consumed (purging), typically by vomiting, taking a laxative, diuretic, or stimulant, and/or excessive exercise, because of an extensive concern for body weight.

Imagine if someone cut themselves and it was recognized as art. We'd have a bunch of people creating permanent scars on their body for the sake of art...oh wait we already have that. It's called scarification modification.

Does anybody get what I'm trying to say here??
Beautiful isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment